Technologist and product designer seeking to define the technology of tomorrow
- Designing complex interaction models and information architectures
- Building shared strategy with teammates and integrating feedback
- Rapidly implementing and iterating on functioning prototypes
- Producing comprehensive technical specifications and mockups
Experience & Education
Microsoft, Program Manager II
2017 – Present
- Working on internal engineering tools for Microsoft Office.
Textile Creative Studios, Technologist
2016 – 2017
- Working with businesses to select and deploy the right modern technology for their websites, marketing, customer communications, automation, accounting, and more.
Gorischek Design, Owner
2015 – 2016
Microsoft, Program Manager
2010 – 2014
- Owned in-product Help experience. Reworked user interface to match the Office 2013 visual refresh and created consistency across desktop, server, and web products.
- Improved the coverage and efficiency of automated test passes by incorporating code coverage data into the script selection process.
- Reviewed interface strings as a member of the Voice team, tasked with minimizing technical jargon, updating outdated wording, restraining overused phrases, and strengthening consistency of language.
- Drove investigations to identify user experience changes needed for switching default file save location from local disk to cloud storage.
Rice University, Student
2006 – 2010
- Bachelor of Science in Ecology & Evolutionary Biology, magna cum laude
- Ecological field research at Rocky Mountain Biological Laboratory
- Coursework in statistics, typography, philosophy of science, and marketing
- Pyxidi Travel planner for iPhone that generates on-the-fly itineraries, given a user's points of interest. Responsible for concept, interaction design, and product management. pyxidi.co
- Etymi Illustrated website explaining etymology of common English words. Responsible for concept, research, design, illustration, and implementation. etymi.xyz
- Pulley Logic Gates Video demonstrating simple binary logic implemented using pulleys and weights. Received 230K views on Vimeo, featured on variety of tech websites. Responsible for concept, implementation, and media production. bit.ly/pulleylogicgates